Environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues are shaking up every sector and industry. Amid this uncertainty, finance and accounting professionals’ expertise – in risk management, business analysis, ESG assurance and reporting – is needed today more than ever.
The profession is perfectly positioned and uniquely qualified to help businesses, governments and non-governmental organizations balance long-term sustainability with financial stability. Charged with analysing, managing and reporting on the flow of essential information and insights, as well as a mandate to act in the public interest, Finance has the knowledge and forethought to help all stakeholders find solutions to profound sustainability challenges and achieve long-term value creation.
During this hybrid event, leading experts joined by business and finance leaders will:
- demystify the ESG landscape and the global effort for sustainability reporting;
- review implications of the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) establishment and key elements of the proposed SEC’s climate-related disclosures;
- discuss the critical role of Finance and the importance of high-quality ESG disclosures;
- explore the impact of ESG on businesses, and how finance and accounting professionals can transform challenges into opportunities that drive growth and enable sustainable, long-term value creation;
- share insights on building the ESG program and integrating reporting needs into existing processes.
Find out how to create a broader business framework using both financial and non-financial information to help drive long-term business strategies, positively impact environment and society, mitigate risks and assess new opportunities!
17.30 – Registration
18.00 – Welcome address: Jakub Bejnarowicz, Regional Director, Europe, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, representing AICPA & CIMA; Kamil Wyszkowski, Representative and Executive Director, UN Global Compact Network Poland
18.15 – Keynote Speech: Ami Beers, CPA, CGMA, Senior Director — Assurance and Advisory Innovation, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants; representing AICPA & CIMA; Dr Jeremy Osborn, FCMA, CGMA, CPA (Aust.), Director of Accountancy Relationships, Value Reporting Foundation
18.45 – Panel discussion; moderator: Dr Jeremy Osborn, panellists:
- Izabela Olszewska, Member of the Management Board, Warsaw Stock Exchange,
- Tomasz Żurek, Group Finance Poland Head, UBS
- Paweł Jędrusik, Country Manager Oracle Cloud Applications, Oracle Polska
19.45 – Q&A session
20.00 – Closing remarks; networking and refreshments
Find out more at: https://www.cimaglobal.com/Our-locations/Poland/Event-area/Money-Talks-Sustainability-and-ESG-1/